Night and Mouth Guards
Why Choose Us?
We’re accepting new patients and can help with dental emergencies. Give us a call or send us an email to book an appointment.
We offer a full range of general, family, cosmetic, restorative, and emergency dentistry.
We always focus on gentle techniques and use advanced equipment to ensure your comfort.
Insurance & Fees
All of our services are priced competitively and many of our services are covered by popular insurance plans.
Night and Mouth Guards Farmersville, TX | Van Alstyne, TX
Alleviate jaw pain as well as muscle pain and stop wearing down your teeth from clenching and grinding with one of our custom made mouth or night guards.
Many people suffer from clenching and grinding problems because their teeth do not align correctly. This poses a serious threat to not only the teeth and jaw, but puts unnecessary stress on muscles in the head, neck, face, and back. When these muscles are put under stress they can cause migraines, headaches, neck pain, and facial asymmetry. We’ll help reduce clenching and grinding with a custom made mouthguard.
- Migraine and headache relief
- Aid in relieving neck and back pain
- Relieve jaw and facial pain
- Can be a medication free alternative to pain relief
- Less pressure on your teeth
Ask us Anything…
More About Occlusal Night Guards
Do you wake up in the morning with a headache or a sore jaw? Are your teeth sensitive to cold? If so, you may be suffering from bruxism, also known as grinding or clenching. Bruxism can happen at any time of the day or night. It’s usually a subconscious behavior that can be induced by stress and anxiety. Most people unknowingly grind or clench their teeth and produce a bite force that can range from 100 to 600 pounds per square inch! This incredible force can cause various dental problems.
Some symptoms or problems caused by bruxism:
- Premature wearing or breaking of your teeth: Constant grinding and clenching will eventually wear down your teeth, making them short and flat. The extreme pressure of clenching may create fractures or cracks in your teeth or fillings, which will eventually cause them to break or chip.
- Extremely sensitive teeth: Over time bruxism can wear away the enamel (the harder outer layer) of your teeth, which exposes the dentin (the softer inner layer). This makes your teeth very sensitive to cold or pressure. The back and forth motion of grinding can also cause your teeth to fracture at the gum line, leaving an extremely sensitive notch. As these notches get larger your gum tissue recedes, making your teeth even more sensitive. Also, food gets caught in the notches, causing decay.
- Sore muscles, headaches, earaches, and TMJ problems: Grinding and clenching occurs when the muscles in your cheek and temple are constantly contracting. This action brings your teeth together at extreme pressures. When these muscles get overused, you may feel pain in your cheeks when you wake up in the morning. You may also experience headaches or earaches because the TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint), which connects your skull to your lower jaw, is getting compressed by these muscles. This causes reduced blood circulation and soreness, which you may notice whentalking or chewing your food.
If you suffer from bruxism, you should definitely have Our Dentists evaluate your condition. Often, a custom night guard can alleviate the pain you are experiencing. Night guards in Farmersville and Van Alstyne, Texas, are made from acrylics and/or plastics, and they are fitted and placed on the upper or lower teeth. They act as a buffer that absorbs most of the bite force. This will protect your teeth from further wear and tear. Some people use over-the-counter night guards, but if these guards are not fitted properly they can alter your bite, jaw position, and teeth. This will exacerbate your bruxism and make your condition worse. We invite you to visit Harvest Dental or call 469-812-7100 to gain your best night’s sleep.
How do I know if my bite alignment is causing other pain in my body?
If you are unsure if your bite is creating pain in other areas of your body, consult with us so we may provide you with a proper course of action
Is there treatment for clenching and grinding?
By rehabilitating your bite and making sure the teeth meet harmoniously, we can relieve you of any pain related to clenching and grinding. You may need a full bite rehabilitation or simply a night appliance.
Will this treatment be covered by my insurance?
Most of our treatments are covered by a majority of insurance companies. For a more detailed explanation of your coverage please call your service provider.
Our Promise to You
You’re the Boss
THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR PATIENTS!