Your child may be exposed to large amounts of sugars and sweets that are unhealthy for the teeth and gums. In fact, your child’s oral health could dramatically depend on visiting dental checkups regularly, so you know your child’s smile is in excellent health and condition as they grow and develop into adulthood.
Our dentist, Dr. Aaron Horsley-Teny, understands the importance of your child’s dental checkups. That is why our team at Harvest Dental in Farmersville, Texas, has provided you with some basic information on the subject.
Here are some facts about the importance of your child should see our dentist:
– Help your child get to know our dentist, so they can evade dental anxiety in their adult years.
– Because of high amounts of sugar in food and drinks, cavities in the baby teeth should be addressed because if neglected they could lead to gum disease, which causes severe damage to the permanent teeth development under the gums.
– Your child needs to visit our dentist right away when the first tooth pops up, or their first year of age, to make sure the teeth are growing in correctly and healthy.
– Teach your child how important it is to take care of their teeth by visiting our dentist, which could stay with them throughout their life.
– While visiting our dentist he can check for gum disease appearing in your child’s smile to help ensure the health and strength of your child’s gums are in tip-top shape.
As you can see, your child needs their oral health to be examined by a professional. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to make an appointment. Please call us today at 469-812-7100. We are always happy to help your child achieve positive oral health.